I have been using this banana bread recipe for about twenty years and it never fails! It is simple, quick to make, and very tasty. I know there are a lot of fancy banana bread recipes out there but sometimes simple is best.
For the last few months I have been making banana muffins with my ripe bananas but this week my toddlers and I whipped up this classic banana bread.
They had a great time mashing the bananas, pouring in the ingredients, and of course stirring it all together. I know it is not 100 percent healthy but any snack with fruit baked in makes me feel better when I let my little ones have it.
To make this banana bread start by preheating your oven and preparing your loaf pan. Grease loaf pan with butter or cooking spray, then line the long edges and bottom with parchment paper. You want the parchment paper to overhang the long edges a bit, this will allow you to easily remove the bread from the pan.
Mash three large ripe bananas in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl beat one large egg. Set both aside.
In a large bowl cream softened butter together. Add in the mashed bananas and beat egg, mix until well combined. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Lastly, add flour and mix just until combined.
Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
I love to eat banana bread while still warm but you can store it at room temperature for four days.
Bake it on your own, or bake it with your kids, either way I’m sure you’ll love this Banana Bread!
More Banana Recipes:
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 C butter softened
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 &1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease loaf pan and line bottom and long edges with parchment paper. You want the parchment paper sides to overhang, this allows you to easily remove the bread.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in beaten egg and mashed bananas. Mix until well combined.
- Add salt and baking soda, mix till well combined.
- Add in flour and mix just till combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted from the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.