Chewy on the inside and a beautiful shiny crackle on the top. These brownie cookies have both the texture and taste of brownies.
I have to admit the only thing I’m apprehensive to bake with my toddlers is brownies. I’ve done it multiple times and each time my little ones go crazy. I don’t know if it’s the chocolate but something about brownies make them act out and their listening skills become non existent. Not to mention the chocolate stained handprints all over the place. However, I will bake brownies with them again and a little mess and craziness never scared me off.
That being said, I did not have my little helpers when I baked these brownie cookies. I whipped them up for a last minute dessert to bring to a small bachelorette party. I love baking with my kids and always involve them but in this case I did not have the time to bath them and clean the kitchen before heading out.
These cookies are amazing and were a huge hit with everyone. They have all the taste/texture of a brownie in cookie form. This includes that gorgeous shiny crinkle top!
Making them is very easy and I do plan on baking them again in the near future with the assistance of my two helpers.
How to Make Brownie Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking pans with parchment paper.
To make these cookies start by melting the chocolate and butter together in the microwave. I like to chop the chocolate into bite size pieces and cube the butter so it will melt faster. Every 20 seconds stop and stir the mixture.
In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs for a good 5 minutes. The mixture should be lighter in colour and frothy. You can use a handheld mixer as well or even whisk by hand. Then add in the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract and whisk till combined.
Add the flour mixture and mix with a rubber spatula just until no flour streaks remain.
Scoop 1 & 1/2 tbsp of the dough using a cookie scoop and place on a lined baking sheet. You want to space them at least 2 inches apart because these cookies spread a lot.
Baking for 8-9minutes or until cookies are set on the edges and has a crackle top. They will still look soft in the middle but will stiffen after cooling. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving.
Bake them on your own or bake them with your kids, either way I’m sure you’ll love with these Brownie Cookies!
If you make these cookies you can tag me on Instagram @jessiebakestreats and leave me a review below. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
You Might Also Love
- Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Turtle Cookies
- Chewy Brownie Bites
Brownie CookiesJessie M
- 8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 C salted butter
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Chop chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl with the butter. Microwave in 20 second increments (stirring in-between) until melted. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs for a good 5 minutes. The mixture should be lighter in colour and frothy.
- Add in the melted chocolate/butter and vanilla. Whisk till until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix with a rubber spatula just until no flour streaks remain.
- Scoop out 1 & 1/2 tbsp on dough (I like using a cookie/ice cream scoop) and place onto the baking sheet. Dough will still be soft and have a texture similar to chocolate frosting. Leave 2 inches between each cookie. These cookies spread a lot.
- Baking for 8-9minutes or until cookies are set on the edges and has a crackle top. They will still look soft in the middle but will stiffen after cooling.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.