Butter Pecan Cookies
If you’re tired of making the same old goods and want to try something new these butter pecan cookies are for you. They’re buttery, soft, and full of sweet pecan flavour. This recipe is easy to make and the end result is a decadent unique cookie.
I made these recently with my two toddlers and they really enjoyed this cookie flavour as well. It actually took us two days to make these. The first day I wanted to make these my children were just not in the mood. It was one of those days where they needed mama every two minutes. I started by chopping up the pecans, something that should only take a few minutes, ended up taking over twenty minutes to complete. After I finally finished chopping my little ones were in no mood to bake. I then placed the chopped nuts in a bag and saved them for the next day.
The following day their moods were much better and we had a great time baking together.
To make these cookies start by finely chopping your pecans. In a medium sized sauce pan melted salted butter over medium heat. Add in the pecans and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked remove from heat and set them aside. If you have never toasted pecans before you are going to love the smell of them cooking, it is amazing!
For the cookie dough start by beating butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and room temperature eggs. Having your eggs at room temperature will allow them to mix more evenly in the batter. Remember to remove the eggs from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. If you forget to remove them from the fridge you can run the eggs under warm water for a minute to warm them up.
In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix till blended. Then add in the buttered pecans.
Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for two hours to chill.
Once dough is chilled preheat your oven and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop 1.5 tbsp worth of dough and shape into a ball, I like to use a small cookie/ice cream scoop. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Take a halved pecan and place it on top of each cookie, press them into the cooking, flattening the cookie slightly. Bake until golden brown. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Bake them with your kids or bake them on your own, either way I’m sure you’ll enjoy these delicious butter pecan cookies!
Butter Pecan CookiesJessie M
- 1 & 1/4 C finally chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
Buttered Pecan Cookies
- 2 & 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 1 C brown sugar packed
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 30 halved pecans for decorating optional
For the Buttered Pecans
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add in chopped pecans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Butter Pecan Cookies
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars together. Mix until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and room temperature eggs. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix till combined.
- Fold in the buttered pecans.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1 and 1/2 tbsp worth of cookie dough and shape into a ball (I like to use a small cookie/ice cream scoop). Place cookies on the baking sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Take a halved pecan and press into the top of each cookie, slightly squishing the cookie down.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and top is set.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.