Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
How do you like your banana bread? Plain or with chocolate chips? I prefer mine plain but my kids like theirs with chocolate. Either way this banana bread recipe is perfect. I’ve been using it for years and it never fails! The secret is that it use simple ingredients.
Banana bread is so easy to make and this recipe is no different. Just five minutes of work and it’s ready to bake. I made this recipe over the holidays with my children and we ended up having to use four bananas because they kept eating the mashed bananas. It’s a great recipe to make with kids. Mine always love mashing the bananas and pouring in all the ingredients. My two year olds daughters favourite part is sprinkling the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
I hope you try this recipe and that it becomes a staple in your home as well!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Lining the Pan
To start preheat your oven to 350F. Grease your loaf pan and line with parchment paper. You want the paper to cover the bottom and the long edges. The paper should over hang on the long edges, this allows you to pull up the bread for easy removal.
Making the Batter
Next, in a medium sized bowl mash your bananas. You want to make sure there are no large chunks left. You do need ripe bananas for this, if the bananas are not ripe they will not mash properly and your loaf will not be sweet. After mashing set bananas aside.
In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. I like to mix mine for a few minutes till it becomes light and fluffy. Then add in your mashed bananas and beaten egg. To beat the egg place the cracked in a small bowl and beat with a fork.
Add in the salt and baking soda and mix will till combined. Add in the flour and mix just until combined. Over mixing will cause you to have a dense bread and will not have a moist texture. Just mix until no flour streaks remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Add the banana bread batter to your readied loaf pan. Spread the batter out evenly using a spatula. Lastly, top the batter with some extra chocolate chips. This is optional but I think it gives the bread a beautiful look!
Bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. Lastly, loaf cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool fully.
Bake them on your own or bake them with your kids, either way I’m sure you’ll love with these Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!
If you make this bread you can tag me on Instagram @jessiebakestreats and leave me a review below. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
More Banana Recipes to Try
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 C butter softened
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 & 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips plus more for on top of the bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease loaf pan and line bottom and long edges with parchment paper. You want the parchment paper sides to overhang, this allows you to easily remove the bread.
- In a medium sized bowl mash your bananas. You want to make sure there are no large chunks left. After mashing set them aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in beaten egg and mashed bananas. Mix until well combined.
- Add salt and baking soda, mix till well combined.
- Add in flour and mix just till combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted from the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing and letting the bread cool on a wire rack.