Easter Mini Egg Brownies
These Easter Mini Egg Brownies make the best Easter dessert. Chewy brownies loaded with mini eggs! Beautiful and delicious!
I love Easter and everything that goes with it! The hope of warmer weather, visiting family, and of course Easter chocolate! Mini eggs have always been a favourite of mine so I’ve added them into my chewy brownie recipe and the results was a beautiful Easter creation.
How to Make These Brownies
Start by preheating your oven to 350F and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should over hang on the edges slightly to allow you to easily remove the brownies from the pan.
Chop the bakers chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave by stopping and stirring the chocolate in 20 second increments.
In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar and whisk by hand until smooth. I like to mix it for a good 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix. You want to mix vigorously, doing so breaks down the eggs and will give the brownies a shiny top.
Pour in the melted chocolate and whisk until mixture is well combined. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a rubber spatula mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
Fold in the chocolate mini eggs. Pour batter into the lined pan and spread evenly. Top with some extra mini eggs, press them slightly into the batter.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the middle is set. You do not want to over bake the brownies. Let the brownies fully cool into the pan before slicing.
Tips for Making Perfect Brownies
- Line your pan with parchment paper. This keeps the brownies from sticking to the pan and lets use easily remove them for slicing.
- Use room temperature eggs. Room temperature eggs break down easier and blend into the batter better.
- Once eggs are added whisk vigorously for a few minutes. This is what creates the shiny layer on top of the brownies.
- After the dry ingredients are added only mix till there are no more flour streaks. Over mixing causes dense brownies.
- Do not over bake. With brownies you want them on the underdone side compared to overdone.
Bake them for Easter or for a Spring treat, either way I’m sure you’ll love with these Easter Mini Egg Brownies!
If you make these bars you can tag me on Instagram @jessiebakestreats and please leave me a review below. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
You Might Also Enjoy
- Brownie Hearts with a White Chocolate Drizzle
- Melting Moments Flower Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Easter Mini Egg Cookies
Easter Mini Egg Brownies
- 1/2 C butter melted
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 oz semi sweet bakers chocolate
- 3/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C mini eggs plus more for adding on top of the batter
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Chop the bakers chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave. Be sure to stop and stir every 20 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar and whisk by hand until smooth and fluffy. This usually takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Pour and mix in the melted chocolate.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a rubber spatula mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the mini eggs.
- Pour batter into the lined pan and spread evenly around the pan. Top with some extra mini eggs, pushing them slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 25-26 minutes or until edges are stiff and middle is set. You do not want to over bake the brownies.
- Allow brownies to cool fully in the pan before slicing.