These Easter Mini Egg Brownies make the best Easter dessert. Chewy brownies loaded with mini eggs! Beautiful and delicious! I love Easter and everything that goes with it! The hope of warmer weather, visiting family, and of course Easter chocolate! Mini eggs have always been …
Lucky Charms cookies are chewy, fun, and so pretty! A sugar cookie loaded with Lucky Charms marshmallows and the added flavour of crushed Lucky Charms cereal. The cookies are a hit amongst children and adults. My 2 year old daughter was especially in love with …
With all the Fall baking I’ve been doing a lot of my recipes have been brown or orange. I was missing sprinkles and bright colours. So earlier this week I made a batch of these funfetti vanilla biscotti cookies. These cookies are amazing! They taste great on their own but even better dipped in coffee!
These cookies are BIG. Originally after making them I was worried they were too big, but after testing them out with friends and family I was told no one would complain about their size. The cookies got amazing feedback from my taste testers and children.
Biscotti typically are made with almond extract but I’ve never been a fan of the flavour. For this recipe I skipped the almond and added extra vanilla. These cookies are sweet, flavourful, and have that perfect biscotti crunch.
I made these cookies with the help of my two toddlers and you’ll be surprised to find out how easy they are to make.
Not a fan of white chocolate? You can skip the chocolate drizzle and enjoy a naked biscotti, they will still taste amazing!
How to Make Funfetti Biscotti
Start by preheating your oven to 350F and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I like to mix mine for about 2 minutes.
Add in eggs one at a time and mix well before adding the next. Stir in the vanilla.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add and mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
Add sprinkles and fold in with a rubber spatula. You want to use jimmy sprinkles, these are the log like sprinkles.
Flour your hands and add the dough onto the lined baking sheet and form into a log. Roughly it should be about 3 inches wide and 13 inches long.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges turn a golden brown. Remove from the oven and drop oven heat down to 300 F. Let the cookie cool for a few minutes so it is handleable. Then cut the biscotti cookies using a serrated knife. Cut on a slight diagonal and make them about an inch thick.
Arrange cookies on the baking sheet with the cut side up. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10 minutes. When done the cookies should feel dry to touch. The middle may still be a little soft but they will harden up after cooling.
After baking let the biscotti cool completely.
Adding the Chocolate Drizzle
After the cookies have cooled you can add the chocolate drizzle. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Do this by microwaving for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. After the first minute is up microwave for an additional 15 seconds. White chocolate burns easily so after the first minute check and stir every 15 seconds. You want the texture to be smooth and creamy. Mine only takes 1 minutes 15 seconds to melt.
Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag or a plastic ziplock bag and cut the corner. Drizzle the chocolate onto each biscotti and top with extra sprinkles.
Allow chocolate to set before eating. I like to pop mine in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set the chocolate. You can also skip the chocolate if you just want a naked biscotti.
How to store biscotti cookies
Biscotti can last for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
My favourite time to eat a biscotti is in the morning dipped in a big cup of coffee. Are you a cookie dipper too?
Bake them on your own or bake them with your kids, either way I’m sure you’ll love with these Funfetti Biscotti Cookies!
If you make these cookies you can tag me on Instagram @jessiebakestreats and leave me a review below. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
You Might Also Enjoy
Funfetti Vanilla Biscotti with a White Chocolate DrizzleJessie M
- 3 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 C white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C rainbow jimmy sprinkles plus more for decorating
- 1 C white chocolate chips for the drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment on cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix well before adding the next.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Gradually add and mix the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Flour your hands and add the dough onto the lined baking sheet and form into a log. Roughly it should be about 3 inches wide and 13 inches long.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are beginning to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, drop oven temperature to 300 F, and let cookie cool for a few minutes.
- Once the cookie has cooled enough to touch, use a serrated knife to cut out the biscotti. Cut on a slight diagonal and make them about 1 inch thick.
- Arrange them on the baking sheet cut side up and cook for 12 minutes, flip, and cook for another 12. The cookies should feel dry to the touch if they still feel damp bake for a little longer. The middle may still feel soft but the cookies will harden up after cooling.
- After baking allow cookies to fully cool.
- Once cooled, melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute to start, stirring every 30 seconds. Then for an additional 15 seconds. You want it to be smooth and creamy. Be careful not to oven cook the chocolate as it burns easily.
- Add the melted chocolate into a piping bag. If you don't have a piping bag you can use a plastic sandwich bag and cut the corner.
- Drizzle white chocolate over each biscotti and top with extra sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set before serving. I like to pop mine in the fridge for 30 minutes.
These pinwheel sugar cookies have a lot of steps but I assure you it’s more time consuming than difficult. My toddlers and I made these earlier this week and they are always a fun cookie to make. My little ones always love when we turn …
Funfetti cookies are a chewy sugar cookie loaded sprinkles. These funfetti cookies are easy to make, delicious, and pretty! Since I always try to get my toddlers involved in my baking I like to add bright and colourful elements when I can. These gorgeous funfetti …