These apple cinnamon muffins with cinnamon streusel topping are moist, fluffy, full of apple flavour and topped with a crunchy cinnamon streusel.
This Fall my toddlers and I have been baking a lot of pumpkin treats. I wanted to switch it up and use another great Fall flavour, apples. I bake with apples all year round because they're always available but apple baked goods in the Fall always taste the best.
Why You'll Love These Muffins
Perfect muffin texture - These muffins are so soft, fluffy, and moist! Paired with the crunchy topping they really have the perfect texture.
Easy to make- The muffins are made in one bowl and use simple ingredients you probably already have at home.
Amazing Taste- Apples and cinnamon are such a fantastic food combination and not overly sweet. These muffins are great for fall but you can enjoy them all year long!
How to Make These Muffins
Preheat oven to 425F and line muffin pan with liners. Peel and finely chop your apples until you have 1 cup worth. I find it takes 2 medium sized apples.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugars, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
Add in the oil, milk, beaten egg and mix just until combined. Fold in the chopped apples.
Add batter to the muffin pans, filling them 3/4 full.
In a small bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon together. Add in the melted butter and mix everything together. The mixture will be the texture of wet sand.
Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over muffin batter.
Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F then reduce oven temperature to 350 F and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
What type of apples should I use?
You can use any type of apple, it does not need to be a baking apple! Baking apples are used when you want the apple to keep its shape when baked. Since we are cutting our pieces up small to mix in with the batter any apple type will do!
Storing the Muffins
These muffins should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days after baking. These muffins are best enjoyed on the same day they're baked. After the topping will start to lose their crunch, but still taste great.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
If you try these apple cinnamon muffins with streusel topping let me know how you liked it by leaving a rating and comment below!
You Might Also Love
Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- muffin pan
- 1 & 1/2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled *
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1/3 C milk at room temperature
- 1 large egg beaten at room temperature
- 1 C peeled apples chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 425F and line muffin pan with liners.
- Peel and finely chop your apples until you have 1 cup worth, set aside. I find it takes 2 medium sized apples.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugars, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.1 & 1/2 C all purpose flour, 1/2 C white sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt
- Add in the oil, milk, egg and mix just until combined.1/3 C vegetable oil, 1/3 C milk, 1 large egg beaten
- Fold in the chopped apples.1 C peeled apples chopped into small pieces
- Add batter to the muffin pans, filling them 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon together.1/4 C white sugar, 3 tbsp all purpose flour, 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add in the melted butter and mix everything together. The mixture will be the texture of wet sand.2 tbsp butter
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F then reduce oven temperature to 350 F and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.