Bakery style carrot muffins are delicious, has a big and crunchy muffin top, full of carrots, and moist. This easy recipe makes the best carrot muffins.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THEM
They use simple ingredients. These cookies use basic baking ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard.
Done by hand. No need for fancy equipment, everything is done by hand.
Perfect texture. These muffins are moist and soft.
Tastes amazing. The best tasting carrot muffins!
- Carrots- The recipe use finely grated carrots, best done with a fine cheese grater.
- Vegetable oil
- Sugar- Both brown and white sugar are used in the recipe.
- Eggs- Recipe use two large eggs at room temperature.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon- The recipe uses a small amount of cinnamon, it's not overpowering in taste.
Step by Step Instructions
Start by preheating the oven to 425F and line muffin pan with 10 liners.
Wash, peel, and grate your carrots. Set aside. I like to use a fine cheese grater but if you want large carrot pieces you could use a regular sized grater. In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk vegetable oil and sugars together until well combined.
Whisk in the eggs.
Add in the grated carrots. Mix until combined.
Add in the dry ingredients. Fold into the wet using a rubber spatula. It's important to mix just till no flour streaks remain, over mixing leads to dry muffins.
Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each one till almost full.
Bake at 425F for 5 minutes. Then lower over temperature to 350F and continue baking for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before moving to cool fully.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS BAKERY STYLE MUFFIN?
A bakery style muffin is the term given to a muffin when it is cooked using two temperature settings to achieve a high muffin top. To do this start by cooking you muffins at 425 F for five minutes. The high heat causes the top to cook quicker and rise up. After 5 minutes lower the oven temperature to 350 F and cook at this lower heat setting until muffins are fully baked.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY eggs TO ROOM TEMPERATURE?
Yes you do. Room temperature ingredients break down easier in the batter. This means less mixing, which gives you a fluffy moist muffin. If you forget to take your eggs out of the fridge, no worries! Just run them under warm tap water for a few minutes and this will bring them to room temperature.
Storing the Muffins
These muffins are best the day they are made, after the crunchy muffin top softens. Store them at room temperature in an airtight container. They keep for 4 days after baking.
If you make these bakery style carrot muffins please leave a star rating and comment below!
You Might Also Love
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Bakery Style Banana Muffins
- Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Bakery Style Coconut Muffins
Bakery Style Carrot Muffins
- muffin tin
- large and medium bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- 2 C finely grated carrots
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F and add 11 lines to your muffin pan.
- Wash, peel, and grate your carrots. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.2 C all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl whisk vegetable oil and sugars together until well combined.1/2 C vegetable oil, 1/2 C brown sugar, 3/4 C white sugar
- Whisk in the eggs.2 large eggs
- Mix in the grated carrots.2 C finely grated carrots
- Add in the dry ingredients. Fold into the wet using a rubber spatula. It's important to mix just till no flour streaks remain, over mixing leads to dry muffins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each one till almost full.
- Bake at 425F for 5 minutes. Then lower over temperature to 350F and continue baking for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before moving to cool fully.