The best and easiest banana chocolate chip muffins! These bakery style muffins are moist, delicious, and just the right amount of chocolate chips.
WHAT IS A BAKERY STYLE MUFFIN?
A bakery style muffin is the term given to a muffin when it is cooked using two temperature settings to achieve a high muffin top. To do this start by cooking your muffins at 425 F for five minutes. The high heat causes the top to cook quicker and rise up. After 5 minutes lower the oven temperature to 350 F and cook at this lower heat setting until muffins are fully baked.
BAKING WITH CHILDREN
If you’re baking with children or toddlers this is a great recipe to do together. There is lots of mashing, mixing, and pouring available for those little hands to help with. If you are baking with kids (toddlers especially) just keep in mind that things will not go perfectly. Spills will happen and messes will be made but I promise it will be fun and a great bonding activity.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven to 425F and line 10 muffin tins with liners.
In a large bowl mash the bananas until there are no large pieces left.
Mix in the sugar. Add the egg and vegetable oil and mix till well combined.
In a second medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. You want to fold in the dry ingredients and be careful not to over mix (this will result in dry muffins). Once there are no more flour streaks stop mixing.
Fill lined muffin tins with the batter until they are almost full and top with extra chocolate chips.
Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F. Then lower the oven temperature to 350 F and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick in centred into the centre comes out clean.
Let muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing.
STORING THE MUFFINS
These muffins should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature and keep well for four days.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY egg TO ROOM TEMPERATURE?
Yes you do. Room temperature eggs break down easier in the batter. This means less mixing, which gives you a fluffy moist muffin. If you forget to take your egg out of the fridge (I always do) just run your egg under warm water for a few minutes.
If you make these banana chocolate chip muffins please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
MORE BANANA RECIPES TO TRY
- Bakery Style Banana Muffins
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins
- Banana Blondies with Brown Butter Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Banana Bread
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 & 1/2 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips plus more for topping the muffins
- Preheat oven to 425F and line your muffin pan with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until there are no large pieces left.3 & 1/2 large ripe bananas
- Mix in the sugar.3/4 C white sugar
- Add the egg and vegetable oil and mix till combined.1 large egg, 1/3 C vegetable oil
- In a second medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.1 & 1/2 C all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt
- Dump the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. You want to fold in the dry ingredients and be careful not to over mix (this will result in dry muffins). Once there are no more flour streaks stop mixing.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Fill lined muffin tins with the batter. I like to fill mine till they are almost full to get that nice muffin top. Top with each muffin with some extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F. Then lower the oven temperature to 350 F and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick in centred into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan before for a few minutes before removing. Enjoy!
Leave a Review