There are countless different brownie recipes out there but I believe I have finally created the perfect one. These chewy homemade brownies have become a favourite in our household. These brownies have a chewy texture rather than a super fudgy texture.
Baking brownies with my two toddlers is never easy. The two of them usually get a little dirty whenever we bake but when I added in the element of chocolate the mess was taken to a new level. There were splatters on the counter, the cupboards, the floor, and of course my little ones.
We do have a lot of fun baking them together. They really enjoy using the sifter. They like dumping the dry ingredients in and shaking it into the bowl.
For me, baking with my little ones is always about doing a fun activity and having experiences together. Yes, there is always a mess but getting to share my favourite hobby with my two favourite people is the best thing in the world! The other bonus is when nap time finally rolls around I get to enjoy a fresh brownie with a large and well deserved cup of coffee!
How to Make These Brownies
Start by preheating your oven to 350F and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should over hang on the edges slightly to allow you to easily remove the brownies from the pan.
Chop the bakers chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave by stopping and stirring the chocolate in 20 second increments.
In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar and whisk by hand until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix. You want the mixture to be very smooth and have no lumps.
Pour in the melted chocolate and whisk until mixture is well combined. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a rubber spatula mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into the lined pan and spread evenly. Bake for 27 minutes or until the top is set. You do not want to over bake the brownies. Allow brownies to fully cool to room temperature before decorating.
Bake them on your own or bake them with your kids, either way I’m sure you’ll love with these Brownies!
If you make these brownies you can tag me on Instagram @jessiebakestreats and leave me a review below. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz semi sweet bakers chocolate melted
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Chop and melt the bakers chocolate in the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar and whisk by hand until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and whisk until mixture is well combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a rubber spatula mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the lined pan and spread evenly. Bake for 26-30 minutes or until edges are stiff and middle is set. Allow brownies to fully cool before slicing.
You Might Also Enjoy
My 20 year old would rather have these brownies than a birthday cake! So delicious