Easy and quick, these chewy coconut cookies are delicious and have that perfect chewy cookie texture. Fantastic for any coconut lover!
The texture of these cookies are so chewy and the cookie itself isn't overly sweet. I love coconut all year, but coconut and summertime just go together perfectly.
Why You'll Love Them
Easy to make. These cookies come together really easily and there is no chilling required for the dough.
Chewy texture. These cookies have a slightly crisp edges and a chewy soft centre.
Perfect for summer. The coconut flavour and thin light texture makes these cookies a must bake this summer!
How to Make Chewy Coconut Cookies
To start preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment on beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
This usually takes 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg, coconut extract, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together. Lastly, add in the shredded coconut.
Spoon dough into 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Top cookie dough balls with a little extra shredded coconut.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Let cookie cool on the pan for 10 minutes before moving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't Have Coconut Extract ?
Coconut extract can usually be found at the grocery store in the baking isle. If you don’t have any you can omit it from the recipe. Instead just add an extra 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then level off the access by scraping with a knife.
Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour causes the flour to compress and you will get more flour than the recipe calls for.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around.
This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
HOW TO Store COOKIES
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They keep well up to four days.
If you make these chewy coconut cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
You Might Also Enjoy
- Bakery Style Coconut Muffins
- Toasted Coconut Dutch Baby Pancake
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Turtle Cookies
Chewy Coconut Cookies
- baking sheet
- 1/2 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 & 1/4 C all-purpose flour *spooned and levelled
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/3 C sweetened shredded coconut sometimes called flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer beat together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy (usually takes 2-3 minutes).1/2 C salted butter, 1/2 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in egg, vanilla extract, and coconut extract. Mix till well combined.1 egg, 1 tsp coconut extract, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.1 & 1/4 C all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add dry ingredients into the wet and mix till combined.
- Mix in the shredded coconut.1 & 1/3 C sweetened shredded coconut
- Spoon dough into 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Top cookie dough balls with a little extra shredded coconut.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Let the cookie cool on the pan for 10 minutes before moving.