These chocolate Halloween sprinkle cookies are a chewy double chocolate cookie covered in Halloween sprinkles. These festive Halloween cookies are easy to make, no chill, and cute!
What I love most about these cookies are how easy they are. Sometimes during the holidays we don't have time to make elaborate desserts. These cookies are perfect if you're a busy mom like me!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE Halloween Sprinkle COOKIES
Perfect chewy texture. These cookies are nice and chewy.
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
Festive. These cookies look so cute, festive, and so easy to make!
Double chocolate. With a chocolate cookie base and chocolate chips, these cookies are perfect for chocolate lovers.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium sized bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.
In a large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 3 minutes. Mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
Add in the dry ingredients mix till combined. Lastly, fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
Add the Halloween sprinkles into a shallow bowl. Scoop 3 tbsp worth of the cookie dough and shape into a ball. Dip the top and sides of each ball in the sprinkles. Place on your lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-11 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and edges and top look set.
While cookies are still hot press in some candy eyeballs. *optional*. Let cookies fully cool on the tray before moving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies stay good for up to four days if stored properly.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES Smaller?
Yes, you can make them smaller. Instead scoop 1.5 tbps sized balls. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
If you make these chocolate Halloween sprinkle cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
You Might Also Love
- Halloween Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Pumpkin Patch Brownie Bites
- Dirt and Worms Cookies
- Jack O’lantern Halloween Focaccia Bread
- Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Melting Moments Pumpkin Cookies
Chocolate Halloween Sprinkle Cookies
- baking sheets
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- measuring cups
- 1 & 1/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tps baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Halloween coloured sprinkles
- candy eyeballs optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together. Set aside.1 & 1/4 C all purpose flour, 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tps baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 3 minutes.3/4 C salted butter, 1/2 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix till combined.1 large egg, 1 large egg yolk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just till combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Add the Halloween sprinkles into a shallow bowl.1/2 C Halloween coloured sprinkles
- Scoop 3 tbsp worth of the cookie dough and shape into a ball. Dip the top and sides of each ball in the sprinkles. Place on your lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and edges and top look set.
- While cookies are still hot press in some candy eyeballs. *optional*. Let cookies fully cool on the tray before moving.candy eyeballs
Leave a Review