Christmas M&M cookies are easy to make, thick, and chewy. The Christmas coloured M&Ms make them a perfect cookie to bake this holiday season.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE COOKIES
No chilling required. These cookies come together easily and quickly with this no chill cookie dough.
Perfect cookie texture. I love a chewy cookie and these cookies have the perfect chewy texture with slightly crispy edges.
Perfect for Christmas. The red and green M&Ms make these cookies perfect for easy Christmas baking.
Holiday cookie exchange. Make these cookies a little smaller and they make perfect holiday cookie exchange cookies!
- Butter - I use salted butter and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- This recipe use one whole large egg plus a second egg yolk.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- M&Ms- I use red and green M&Ms
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. You want to do this for a good 5 minutes.
Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.
In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
Fold in the Christmas coloured M&M's.
Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of cookie dough and place on the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. The cookies will look underdone.
Let fully cool on the baking pan before moving and the residual heat will continue to cook the cookies and they will flatten out.
While cookies are warm top with M&M's.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
STORING THE COOKIES
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies keep well up to four days.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
Yes, you can freeze the baked cookies or cookie dough balls up to 3 months.
If baking from frozen they will just need a few extra minutes in the oven.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape.
If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access.
Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can the cookies smaller. Instead scoop 1.5 tbsp worth of dough and bake for 8-9 minutes.
If you make these Christmas M&M cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Christmas Holiday Blondies
- Christmas Monster Cookies
- Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies
- Easy Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Brownie Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Christmas M&M Cookies
- large and medium bowl
- baking sheets
- measuring cups/spoons
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C Christmas coloured M&M's plus extra for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. You want to do this for a good 5 minutes.3/4 C salted butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 C all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the Christmas coloured M&M's.1 C Christmas coloured M&M's
- Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of cookie dough and place on the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. The cookies will look underdone.Let fully cool on the baking pan before moving and the residual heat will continue to cook the cookies and they will flatten out.
- While cookies are warm top with M&M's.