These thick and chewy Christmas monster cookies are not only delicious but easy to make. Full of peanut butter, oats, white chocolate chips, and Christmas coloured M&M's. Perfect for Christmas baking.
If you've never had a monster cookie you definitely have to give it a try! So many good flavours packed into a cookie.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE MONSTER COOKIES
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
Christmas M&M's. Who doesn’t love M&M's? They’re great on their own, but also make a great addition to all the flavours in a monster cookie.
Perfect texture. These cookies are thick and chewy, just like a monster cookie should be!
Perfect Christmas baking. The Christmas coloured M&M's matched with the white chocolate chips make these cookies gorgeous and so festive!
- Butter - I use salted butter and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar- Firmly packed.
- White sugar
- Peanut butter- Use smooth peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- This recipe use two large eggs.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking soda
- Rolled oats- Make sure they are rolled oats, also called old fashioned oats.
- White chocolate chips- You can use semi sweet chocolate chips if you don't like white chocolate.
- Christmas M&M's- These are regular M&M's just red and green coloured.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Start by preheating your oven to 350F and lining your baking pans with parchment paper.
In a large bowl on stand mixer beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. This usually takes about 3 minutes. Add in the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate medium sized bowl whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. Mix in the rolled oats.
Fold in the white chocolate chips and M&M's.
Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake 10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are a golden brown. The top may still seem undercooked but the cookie will stiffen up after cooling. Let cookies cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The keep well up to four days.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can scoop 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
CAN I USE QUICK OATS?
No, you want to be sure to use rolled oats, also called old fashioned oats. These give the best texture.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls or baked cookies in the freezer up to 3 months. When baking from frozen they will need a few extra minutes to bake.
If you make these Christmas monster cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Easy Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Caramel Stuffed Ginger Cookies
- Turtle Cookies
Christmas Monster Cookies
- large bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1/2 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 C smooth peanut butter
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips plus extra for topping the cookies
- 1/2 C red and green M&M's plus extra for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl on stand mixer beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. This usually takes about 3 minutes.1/2 C salted butter, 1/2 C white sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar
- Add in the peanut butter and mix until smooth.1 C smooth peanut butter
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 large eggs
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together.1 C all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Mix in the rolled oats.2 C rolled oats
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and M&M's.1/2 C white chocolate chips, 1/2 C red and green M&M's
- Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are a golden brown. The top may still seem undercooked but the cookie will stiffen up after cooling.
- While cookies are hot out of the oven top them with extra white chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.