These classic chocolate chip cookies are thick, chewy, and made with simple classic ingredients. This recipes comes together really easily and does not require any chilling.
Why You'll Love Them
Perfect texture. They have a chewy centre with slightly crispy edges.
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
A classic cookie. I love a fancy cookie but sometimes a classic is best. These chocolate chip cookies have no fancy add ins, just that classic chocolate chip cookie taste.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars. Be sure to mix for a few good minutes, I like to do about 3. Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.
In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Using a large cookie/ice cream scoop (about 3 tbsp worth of dough) drop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges. The cookies will still seem raw in the middle but will set while cooling. While cookies are fresh out of the oven top with the extra chocolate chips. Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Use parchment paper to line your pans. Using cookie spray or butter will make the cookies greasy.
Have fresh baking soda, if it is old and stale cookies will be flat.
Do not use melted butter, you want to make sure the butter is at room temperature.
If heating butter in the microwave to soften it first cut it into small pieces, heat for 12 seconds, and touch with finger. You should be able to easily poke into it. If not heat for another few seconds.
For chewy cookies do not over bake. Cookies may still seem soft in the middle but will harden up after cooling. Once edges/ bottom are a golden brown the cookies are done.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies stay good for up to four days if stored properly.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can! Scoop 1.5 tbsp sized balls and bake for 8 minutes until edges are golden brown.
If you make these classic chocolate chip cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
You Might Also Love
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Dirt and Worms Cookies
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips plus extra for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.3/4 C salted butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg yolk, 1 large egg
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 C all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a large cookie/ice cream scoop (about 3 tbsp worth of dough) drop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges. Top warm cookies with extra chocolate chips.
- Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!