This classic moist banana bread recipe makes the best banana bread! Made by hand with simple ingredients, it makes flavourful and moist banana bread.
I have been using this banana bread recipe for about twenty years and it never fails! It is simple, quick to make, and very tasty. I know there are a lot of fancy banana bread recipes out there but sometimes simple is best.
Why You'll Love This Classic Banana Bread
Easy. I love how easy this recipe is and everything is done by hand!
Tastes amazing. This banana bread tastes so good and has a perfect soft and moist texture.
Simple ingredients. The recipes uses no nuts or chocolate. Just basic ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard.
Step By Step Instructions
Start by preheating your oven and preparing your loaf pan. Grease loaf pan with butter or cooking spray, then line the long edges and bottom with parchment paper. You want the parchment paper to overhang the long edges a bit, this will allow you to easily remove the bread from the pan.
Mash three large ripe bananas in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl beat one large egg. Set both aside.
In a large bowl cream softened butter together.
Add in the mashed bananas and beat egg, mix until well combined.
Mix in the baking soda and salt. Lastly, add flour and mix just until combined.
Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then level off the access by scraping with a knife. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour causes the flour to compress and you will get more flour than the recipe calls for.
Storing the Banana Bread
I love to eat banana bread while still warm but you can store it at room temperature for three days.
If you make this classic moist banana bread please leave a star rating and comment below!
More Banana Recipes to Love
- Banana Nut Crunch Bread
- Banana Blondies with Brown Butter Frosting
- Bakery Style Banana Muffins
- Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Classic Moist Banana Bread
- loaf baking pan
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 C butter at room temperature
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 &1/2 C all purpose flour *spooned and levelled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease loaf pan and line bottom and long edges with parchment paper. You want the parchment paper sides to overhang, this allows you to easily remove the bread.
- Mash three large ripe bananas in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl beat one large egg. Set both aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together.1/4 C butter, 1 C white sugar
- Add in beaten egg and mashed bananas. Mix until well combined.1 egg, 3 large ripe bananas
- Add salt and baking soda, mix till well combined.1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add in flour and mix just till you no longer see flour streaks.1 &1/2 C all purpose flour
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted from the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.