Confetti squares- peanut butter marshmallow squares are one of those classic retro desserts you always find on dessert trays at events and parties. They're so easy to make and only require five ingredients. This no bake dessert is very sweet, has a fudge like texture, and full of peanut butter and butterscotch flavours.
Why You'll Love Them
Easy to make. This recipe is perfect for beginner baker and is so easy to make.
No bake. The recipe does not require any baking and is a good option for summer baking.
Amazing taste. The mixture of the peanut butter and butterscotch great an amazing flavour.
How to Make Confetti Squares
Line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
In a medium sized pot add in the peanut butter, butter, and butterscotch chips. Over medium-low heat melt until mixture is smooth.
Once mixture is melted and has a smooth texture remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. You do not want to skip the cooling step, if you do the hot liquid will melt your marshmallows.
When room temperature is reached mix in the vanilla. Place the marshmallows into a large mixing bowl and pour the cooled peanut butter mixture in. Mix together until the marshmallows are well coated.
Then pour into your greased and lined pan and set it in the fridge for 2 hour or until hardened.
After it's chilled, remove from the pan by pulling up on the parchment paper. Use a sharp knife to cut into bars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Storing the Bars
These bars should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. The bars keep well up to 5 days.
Where do you Find Butterscotch Chips?
You should find them in the baking aisle in the grocery store, they're usually with the chocolate chips.
Can I melt the peanut butter mixture in the microwave?
Yes, you can. Use a microwave safe bowl. Add everything in and microwave in 25 second increments, stirring in between each time.
If you make these confetti squares- peanut butter marshmallow squares please leave a star rating and comment below!
You Might Also Love
- Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- Cookie Monster Cookies
- Carmelitas Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Oreo Brownies
Confetti Squares - Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
- large bowl
- 8x8 square baking dish
- 1/4 C salted butter
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag butterscotch chips 300 g
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 & 1/2 C mini rainbow marshmallows
- Lightly grease an 8x8 square pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pot add in butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips. Stirring occasionally, melt ingredients over medium low heat until mixture is smooth.1/4 C salted butter, 1 C creamy peanut butter, 1 bag butterscotch chips
- Remove mixture from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. Do not skip this step, if the mixture is not cooled it will melt the marshmallows.
- Once room temperature, stir in the vanilla.1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl add marshmallows, pour in cooled peanut butter mixture, and mix together.4 & 1/2 C mini rainbow marshmallows
- Pour into your lined pan and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until bars have hardened.
- Once chilled cut into bars. Enjoy!