These Cookies and Cream Cookies are a soft and chewy sugar cookie, that is full of crushed oreo pieces. They're easy to make and so delicious. The perfect mix of chewy and crunchy!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THEM
They use simple ingredients. These cookies use basic baking ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard.
No chill time. This sugar cookie dough requires no chilling.
Tastes amazing. These cookies have a buttery and sugar cookie taste to them.
Perfect texture. These cookies are chewy and have a slight crunch from the oreo cookies.
- Butter- This recipes use salted butter at room temperature.
- White sugar
- Egg- 1 large whole egg.
- Vanilla extract
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Oreos- I use regular stuffed oreos.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 F and lining baking trays with parchment paper.
Add 10 oreo cookies into a large zip lock bag and crush until no large pieces remain. Set aside. I like to use a rolling pin to crush them.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 5 minutes.
Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix till well combined.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix till combined. Fold in the crushed oreo cookies.
Scoop 3 tbsp worth of dough into a ball and place on the baking trays 2 inches apart. Push some extra crushed oreo pieces on top of each cookie dough ball. This is optional but I love the way it looks.
Bake cookies for 11 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
Let cool on the baking sheet before moving. The cookies may look a little under done but will continue to cook on the hot pan and stiffen up.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The keep well up to four days
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
How To Store The Cookies
Like most cookies, they should be stored in an airtight container or zip lock bag at room temperature. The cookies should stay fresh if stored properly for four days.
HOW TO GET CHEWY COOKIES
The trick is to slightly under bake the cookies. Take them out when the centre looks a little soft. Leave them to cool on the tray. The residual heat from the tray will continue to cook the cookies. Once cooled the cookies will stiffen up and be chewy.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls or baked cookies in the freezer up to 2 months. When baking from frozen they will need a few extra minutes to bake.
If you make these cookies and cream cookies without brown sugar please leave a star rating and comment below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Brownies
- Golden Oreo Sprinkle Cookies
- Oreo Red Velvet Cookies
- Oreo Magic Cookie Bars
- Cookies and Cream Blondies
- Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Cookies and Cream Cookies
- large bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- baking sheets
- 1 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 oreo cookies plus 2-3 more for adding on top of the cookies
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and lining baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add 10 oreo cookies into a zip lock bag and crush until no large pieces remain. Set aside.10 oreo cookies
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 5 minutes.1 C salted butter, 1 C white sugar
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix till well incorporated.1 large egg, 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a separate large bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 C plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix till well combined.
- Fold in the crushed oreo cookies.
- Scoop 3 tbsp worth of dough into a ball and place on the baking trays 2 inches apart.
- Push some extra crushed oreo pieces on top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake cookies for 11 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet before moving. The cookies may look a little under done but will continue to cook on the hot pan and stiffen up.