Cranberry white chocolate chip cookies are a chewy cookie full of white chocolate and dried cranberries. Easy to make and no chilling required, makes these cookies perfect for Christmas and winter baking.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THEM
Perfect texture. They have a chewy centre with slightly crispy edges.
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
A classic cookie. I love a fancy cookie but sometimes a classic is best. These chocolate chip cookies have no fancy add ins, just that classic chocolate chip cookie taste.
- Butter - I use salted butter and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- This recipe use one whole large egg plus a second egg yolk.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Dried cranberries- Fresh cranberries don't work well, make sure they are dried cranberries (also called craisons).
- White chocolate chips
Step by Step Instructions
Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars. Be sure to mix for a few good minutes, I like to do about 3. Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.
In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries.
Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges. The cookies will be puffed up and look slightly under done but they will continue to bake as they cool and flatten out.
Top the warm cookies with extra white chocolate and cranberries. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The keep well up to four days.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can scoop 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Can I freeze Them?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls or baked cookies in the freezer up to 3 months. When baking from frozen they will need a few extra minutes to bake.
If you make these cranberry white chocolate chip cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Glazed Lemon Cranberry Loaf
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas Sprinkle Vanilla Biscotti
- Caramel Stuffed Ginger Cookies
- Turtle Cookies
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- large bowl
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- measuring cups
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C dried cranberries plus more for topping the cookies
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips plus more for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This takes a good 3-4 minutes.3/4 C salted butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 large egg, 1 large egg yolk
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 C all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.1/2 C dried cranberries, 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges. The cookies will be puffed up and look slightly under done but they will continue to bake as they cool and flatten out.
- Top the warm cookies with extra white chocolate and cranberries. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet.