These thick and chewy Easter monster cookies are not only delicious but easy to make. Full of peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and chocolate mini eggs. Perfect for Easter and Spring baking.
If you've never had a monster cookie you definitely have to give it a try! So many good flavours packed into a cookie. The addition of mini eggs for this Easter version of the cookie really makes it something special.
Why You'll Love These Monster Cookies
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
Mini eggs. Who doesn’t love mini eggs? They’re great on their own, but also make a great addition to all the flavours in a monster cookie.
Perfect texture. These cookies are thick and chewy, just like a monster cookie should be!
Perfect Easter baking. I love all the colours of Easter, the cookies are gorgeous and so festive!
Step by Step Instructions
Start by preheating your oven to 350F and lining your baking pans with parchment paper.
In a large bowl on stand mixer beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. This usually takes about 3 minutes. Add in the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate medium sized bowl whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. Mix in the rolled oats.
Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed mini eggs.
Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Add the extra crushed mini eggs on top of the cookie dough balls.
Bake 10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are a golden brown. The top may still seem undercooked but the cookie will stiffen up after cooling. Let cookies cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.
WHAT KIND OF MINI EGGS SHOULD I USE?
It doesn’t matter what brand of mini eggs you use. I use both Cadbury and Hershey and both are great. You just want to make sure to use chocolate mini eggs.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies stay good for up to five days if stored properly.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can! Scoop 1.5 tbsp sized balls and bake for 8-9 minutes.
If you make these Easter monster cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
MORE EASTER RECIPES TO LOVE
- Easter Mini Egg Cookies
- Easter Mini Egg Brownies
- Melting Moments Flower Cookies
- Chocolate Mini Egg Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Easter Egg Cream Cheese Danishes
Easter Monster Cookies
- baking sheet
- 1/2 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 C smooth peanut butter
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 C rolled oats
- 1 C chocolate mini eggs plus some extras for topping the cookies
- 3/4 C mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place mini eggs inside a zip lock bag and crush the eggs into small chunks. Set aside.1 C chocolate mini eggs
- In a large bowl on stand mixer beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. This usually takes about 3 minutes.1/2 C salted butter, 1/2 C white sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar
- Add in the peanut butter and mix until smooth.1 C smooth peanut butter
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.2 large eggs, 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together.1 C all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Mix in the rolled oats.2 C rolled oats
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed mini eggs.1 C chocolate mini eggs, 3/4 C mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Add the extra crushed mini eggs on top of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are a golden brown. The top may still seem undercooked but the cookie will stiffen up after cooling.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.