Espresso chocolate chip cookies are chewy on the inside, have crisp edges, and are full of espresso flavour!
This easy to make no chill recipe is perfect for coffee lovers!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THEM
Perfect texture. They have a chewy centre with slightly crispy edges.
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
Espresso. These cookies are made with instant espresso powder to give these cookies that perfect coffee taste.
- Butter - I use salted butter and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- This recipe use one whole large egg plus a second egg yolk.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Espresso powder- The recipe uses instant espresso powder.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips-I use semi sweet chocolate chips but you can use whichever you prefer.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
First, in a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars. Be sure to mix for a few good minutes, I like to do about 5.
Secondly, add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.
In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
Next, fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom.
The cookies will be puffed up and look slightly under done but they will continue to bake as they cool and flatten out.
Top warm cookies with extra chocolate chips. Let fully cool before moving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHERE DO I BUY Instant Espresso Powder?
I'm in Ontario, Canada and you can find instant espresso powder in grocery stores in the coffee isle.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The keep well up to four days.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies. Then, gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can scoop 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and then bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls or baked cookies in the freezer up to 3 months. When baking from frozen they will need a few extra minutes to bake.
If you make these espresso chip cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Frosted Espresso Brownies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rainbow Chip Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- Coffee Cake Cookies
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- large bowl
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- measuring cups/spoons
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 C all purpose four spooned and levelled*
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips plus extra for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This takes a good 5 minutes.3/4 C salted butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 large egg, 1 large egg yolk
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 C all purpose four, 1 & 1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. The cookies will be puffed up and look slightly under done but they will continue to bake as they cool and flatten out.
- Top warm cookies with extra chocolate chips. Let fully cool before moving.
Leave a Review