Golden oreo sprinkle cookies are a chewy, sweet cookie full of crushed golden oreos and sprinkles. Best of all the recipe is easy to make and requires no chilling.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THEM
Perfect texture. They have a chewy centre with slightly crispy edges.
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
A fun cookie. These are a fun and different cookie.
A sweet cookie. The golden oreos and sprinkles make this a sweet cookie.
- Butter - I use salted butter and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- This recipe use one whole large egg plus a second egg yolk.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Rainbow sprinkles-I prefer the long jimmie style sprinkles but you can use others.
- Golden Oreos- I used regular stuffed golden oreos.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large zip lock bag at the oreos. Crush them into small chunks. Set aside.
In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars. Be sure to mix for a few good minutes, I like to do about 3. Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.
In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
Fold in the rainbow sprinkles and crushed oreos.
Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Top the cookie dough balls with extra broken oreo pieces.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. The cookies will be puffed up and look slightly under done but they will continue to bake as they cool and flatten out.
Let cookies fully cool on the baking sheet before moving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHERE DO I BUY Golden Oreos?
You should be able to find them in your local grocery store.
HOW TO GET CHEWY COOKIES
The trick is to slightly under bake the cookies. Take them out when the centre looks a little soft. Leave them to cool on the tray. The residual heat from the tray will continue to cook the cookies. Once cooled the cookies will stiffen up and be chewy.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The keep well up to four days.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies. Then, gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
These cookies are best to keep at a large size, this helps keep the cookies thick and chewy.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls or baked cookies in the freezer up to 3 months. When baking from frozen they will need a few extra minutes to bake.
If you make these golden Oreo sprinkle cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Red Velvet Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Oreo Brownies
- Cookies and Cream Blondies
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Bars
Golden Oreo Sprinkle Cookies
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- baking pans
- parchment paper
- measuring cups/spoons
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C rainbow sprinkles
- 12 regular stuffed golden oreos plus extra to top the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large zip lock bag at the oreos. Crush them into small chunks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This takes a good 5 minutes.3/4 C salted butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 large egg, 1 large egg yolk
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 C all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the rainbow sprinkles and crushed golden oreos.3/4 C rainbow sprinkles, 12 regular stuffed golden oreos
- Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Top the cookie dough balls with extra broken oreo pieces.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. The cookies will be puffed up and look slightly under done but they will continue to bake as they cool and flatten out.Let fully cool on the baking pan before moving.
Leave a Review