Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars are thick, chewy, and easy to make! A cookie bar full of rolled oats and chocolate chips.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Chewy Texture. These bars are think and chewy.
Easy to Make. This recipe uses simple ingredients and is made using just one bowl.
Amazing flavour. If you're a fan of oatmeal cookies than you'll love the taste of these bars. They're not overly sweet and have just the right amount of chocolate.
- Salted butter - at room temperature
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Flour - all purpose flour works best
- Rolled oats- also called old fashioned oats, do not use quick oats
- Chocolate chips- I use semi sweet chocolate chips
Step By Step Instructions
Start by preheating your oven to 350 F and lining your square baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, this usually takes a good 3-4 minutes.
Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mixing till well combined.
In the same bowl you can now add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Be sure all ingredients are mixed well together.
Stir in the flour. Mix in the rolled oats. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour dough into the lined baking pan and spread evenly in the pan. I find using your hands works best. Top with a few extra chocolate chips.
Baking for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Let bars fully cool to room temperature in the pan before removing and slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE Bars
Store bars at room temperature in an airtight container. They keep for 4 days after baking.
Can I use Quick Oats?
No, for this recipe you need to use rolled oats (also called old fashioned oats). Quick oats will change the texture of the bar.
Bake them on your own or bake them with your kids, either way I’m sure you’ll love with these oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars!
If you make these cookies you can tag me on Instagram @jessiebakestreats and leave me a review below. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rolo Oatmeal Cookies
- Carmelitas Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Brownie Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Thick and Chewy Monster Cookies
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 8x8 square baking pan
- 1/2 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled
- 1 & 1/2 C rolled oats
- 3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F and lining your square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, this usually takes a good 3-4 minutes.1/2 C salted butter, 1/2 C white sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mixing till well combined.1 large egg, 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In the same bowl you can now add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Be sure all ingredients are mixed well together.1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt
- Stir in the flour.3/4 C all purpose flour
- Mix in the rolled oats.1 & 1/2 C rolled oats
- Fold in the chocolate chips.3/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pour dough into the lined baking pan and spread evenly in the pan. I find using your hands works best.
- Top with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Baking for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let bars fully cool to room temperature in the pan before removing and slicing.