These pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins are moist and fluffy on the inside, have a sweet cream cheese swirl on top, and just the right amount of pumpkin flavour.
Why You'll Love Them
Easy. This muffins are very easy to make.
Cream cheese swirl. The sweet cream cheese swirl on top not only looks gorgeous but adds an amazing flavour to the muffins.
Pumpkin spice. These muffins are perfectly seasoned with pumpkin spice.
Step by Step Instructions
To make these muffin start preheating your oven to 375 F and lining your muffin tins.
In a medium bowl whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and pumpkin puree together.
Once the wet ingredients are mixed add them into the dry ingredients and fold together with a rubber spatula. Mix just until the flour is blended, you don't want to over mix.
Add batter into 12 lined muffin tins. Fill tins 3/4 full.
Using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment on, mix together cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, and sugar. Continue whisking until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Scoop out 1 tbsp worth of cream cheese mixture and place on top of each muffin.
Use a tooth pick to swirl the batter together.
Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then level off the access by scraping with a knife. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour causes the flour to compress and you will get more flour than the recipe calls for.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY EGG AND MILK TO ROOM TEMPERATURE?
Yes you do. Room temperature eggs and milk break down easier in the batter. This means less mixing, which gives you a fluffy moist muffin. If you forget to take your egg out of the fridge (I always do) just run your egg under warm water for a few minutes.
STORING THE Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
Since these muffins have cream cheese on them they should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They keep well up to 4 days after baking.
CAN I USE PUMPKIN PIE INSTEAD OF PUMPKIN PUREE?
No, you will want to make sure its pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie filling comes sweetened and spiced so using it will throw off the taste of the donuts.
If you make these pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
MORE Pumpkin RECIPES TO LOVE
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Loaf Cake
- Mini Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- Melting Moments Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- muffin pan
- 1 & 3/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 1/3 C white sugar
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/4 C pumpkin puree
- 1/4 C milk at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to oven to 375F and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.1 & 3/4 C all purpose flour, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and milk.2 eggs, 2/3 C brown sugar, 1/3 C white sugar, 1/2 C vegetable oil, 1 & 1/4 C pumpkin puree, 1/4 C milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together using a rubber spatula. You want to be careful not to over mix. Once you can no longer see any dry ingredients stop mixing.
- Add the batter to the muffin tins. Fill each tin about 3/4 full.
Cream Cheese swirl
- Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment on blend cream cheese, white sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.8 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 C white sugar, 1 large egg yolk, 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add a tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on top of each muffin.
- Using a toothpick swirl the cream cheese into the pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
I made these muffins on a Saturday afternoon. The recipe is easy to follow and quick! Highly recommend these tasty treats. You will not regret giving them a try! 😊
Thank you so much for the review Rachel. I'm happy you enjoyed them! 🙂