Rolo oatmeal cookies are chewy, easy to make, and loaded with rolos. This no chill recipe makes the best oatmeal cookies!
These cookies were actually requested by my granddad. He requested a cookie made with rolos and I know his favourite cookie is oatmeal. What can I say he's got good taste!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THEM
Easy. These cookies come together so easily and use simple ingredients.
Amazing chewy texture. These cookies are for chewy cookie lovers, they’re perfectly chewy!
Rolos. Rolos mixed into oatmeal cookies is a match made in heaven. The chocolate, caramel, and oatmeal go so well together.
No dough chilling required. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and lining baking trays with parchment paper.
In a large bowl beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, this usually takes a few minutes.
Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
In another bowl whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet and mix together.
Mix in the rolled oats.
Fold in the rolos.
Spoon dough in 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and place them on a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. The cookies will look underdone. Let fully cool on the baking pan and the residual heat will continue to cookie the cookies.
While cookies are warm top with an extra min rolo cut in half.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies stay good for up to four days if stored properly.
Can I use quick Oats?
No, you want to be sure to use rolled oats, also called old fashioned oats. These give the best texture.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES Larger?
I found when I made them bigger the cookies lost a lot of their shape. I find 1 & 1/2 TBSP worth of dough was the perfect size.
If you make these rolo oatmeal cookies cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Turtle Cookies
- Carmelitas Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Rolo Oatmeal Cookies
- baking sheets
- large mixing bowl
- smaller mixing bowl
- 1/2 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C all purpose flour *spooned and levelled
- 1 & 1/2 C rolled oats
- 3/4 C mini rolos or regular rolos cut in half and 24 mini rolos to top cookies
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F and lining your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, this usually takes a few minutes.1/2 C salted butter, 1/2 C white sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix.1 large egg, 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet and mix together.1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 3/4 C all purpose flour
- Mix in the rolled oats.1 & 1/2 C rolled oats
- Fold in the rolos.3/4 C mini rolos
- Spoon dough in 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and place them on a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. The cookies will look underdone. Let fully cool on the baking pan and the residual heat will continue to cook the cookies.
- While cookies are warm top with an extra min rolo cut in half.