Strawberry streusel muffins are moist, easy to make, and delicious. A fluffy muffin filled with strawberries and topped with a crumb topping.
Muffins topped with a streusel topping are my favourite! These muffins are perfect for spring and summer baking. They're not overly sweet and make a great option for a snack or breakfast.
Why You'll Love These Strawberry Streusel Muffins
Streusel topping. These muffins are topped with a sweet and buttery streusel topping, which adds a little crunch.
Easy to make. This recipe comes together very easily and is all done by hand.
Moist. The muffin itself is soft, moist, and fluffy. The perfect muffin texture!
Step By Step Instructions
Start by preheating your oven to 425 F and lining your muffin pan with 9 liners.
Strawberry MUFFIN BATTER
In a large bowl whisk together flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set 1/2 C of the chopped strawberries aside and mix remaining berries into the bowl.
Add in the milk, egg, and vegetable oil. Mix just until flour streaks are gone, be careful not to over mix.
In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Using a fork, pastry cutter, or you fingers blend in the cold butter until it form a crumb texture.
Fill muff tins till almost full and top with the reserved strawberries.
Add the crumb topping to each of the muffins.
Bake at 425 F for 5 minutes. Then reduce oven heat to 350 F and continue baking for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool fully before enjoying.
Frequently Asked Questions
STORING THE MUFFINS
These muffins are best eaten on the day you bake them. After that the crumb topping becomes moist and no longer crunchy. You can store these muffins at room temperature for up to three days.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY EGG TO ROOM TEMPERATURE?
Yes you do. Room temperature eggs break down easier in the batter. This means less mixing, which gives you a fluffy moist muffin. If you forget to take your egg out of the fridge (I always do) just run your egg under warm water for a few minutes.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then level off the access by scraping with a knife. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour causes the flour to compress and you will get more flour than the recipe calls for.
What Does Beaten Egg Mean?
Beaten egg means an egg that is already mixed up. To do this crack an egg in a bowl and whisk together till broken down. Doing this means you have to mix the batter less, which leads to a more moist muffin.
If you make these strawberry streusel muffins please leave a star rating and comment below!
You Might Also Enjoy
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Strudel
- Peach Crumb Muffins
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake Loaf
Strawberry Streusel Muffins
- muffin pan
Strawberry Muffin Batter
- 1 & 1/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 2/3 C white sugar
- 1 &1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C strawberries cut into small pieces
- 1/2 C milk at room temperature
- 1 large egg at room temperature, beaten*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1/4 C cold salted butter
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a muffin pan with 9 muffin cups.
Strawberry Muffin Batter
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt.1 & 1/4 C all purpose flour, 2/3 C white sugar, 1 &1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- Set 1/2 C of the cut strawberries aside and mix remaining berries into the bowl.2 C strawberries cut into small pieces
- Add in the milk, vanilla, beaten egg, and vegetable oil. Mix just until flour streaks are gone, be careful not to over mix.1/2 C milk, 1 large egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 C vegetable oil
- Fill muff tins till almost full. Top with the reserved strawberries.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon.5 tbsp all purpose flour, 1/4 C white sugar, 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Using a fork, pastry cutter, or your fingers blend in the cold butter until it form a crumb texture.1/4 C cold salted butter
- Add the streusel topping to each of the muffins.
- Bake at 425 F for 5 minutes. Then reduce oven heat to 350 F and continue baking for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool fully in the pan before removing.