Sprinkle sugar cookie bars are chewy bars full of sprinkles. Super easy to make and only use one bowl. A sweet and delicious sugar cookie in bar form.
Why This Recipe Works
They use simple ingredients. These cookie bars use basic baking ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard.
Easy to Make. This recipe uses simple ingredients and is made using just one bowl. The less dishes the better!
Chewy Texture. These bars have are super chewy and have a fudgy texture similar to brownies.
How to Make Sugar Cookie Bars
To start preheat the oven to 350 and line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Why use parchment paper? It keeps the bars from sticking to the pan and allows you to easily remove them from the pan.
In a large bowl beat softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, this usually takes 2-3 minutes. You can make this in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on, in a bowl using a hand mixer, or by hand.
Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Next, add the salt and flour. Mix until well combined. Lastly, fold in the sprinkles.
Once everything is combined pour the batter into your lined baking pan. Smooth and spread the mixture till it is evenly covers the entire pan. You can smooth it with a spatula but I mind using my hands works best. Lastly, add a few more sprinkles on top, this is optional but I love the way they look.
Bake for 28 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and middle is set. Allow the bars to fully cool in the pan before removing and slicing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
STORING THE Bars
These bars should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. If stored properly these cookies bars keep well up to 4 days after baking.
What Kind of sprinkles should I use?
You can use any type of sprinkles you like. I personally prefer jimmies, these are the long sprinkles.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then level off the access by scraping with a knife. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour causes the flour to compress and you will get more flour than the recipe calls for.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY EGGS TO ROOM TEMPERATURE?
Yes you do. Room temperature ingredients break down easier in the batter. This will give you a chewier bar.
If you forget to take your eggs out of the fridge, no worries! Just run them under warm tap water for a few minutes and this will bring them to room temperature.
If you make these sprinkle sugar cookie bars please leave a star rating and comment below!
You Might Also Love
- Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls
- Funfetti Vanilla Biscotti
- Cookies and Cream Blondies
- Oreo Magic Cookie Bars
- Funfetti Cookies
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 8x8 square baking pan
- 1 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 & 1/4 C white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 3/4 C all purpose flour *spooned and levelled
- 1/2 C sprinkles plus some extra for topping the bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat softened butter and sugar until light an fluffy, this usually takes 2-3 minutes.1 C salted butter, 1 & 1/4 C white sugar
- Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk, 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add in flour and salt and mix until combined.1 & 3/4 C all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp salt
- Fold in the sprinkles.1/2 C sprinkles
- Once everything is combined pour the batter into your lined baking pan. Smooth and spread the mixture till it is evenly covers the entire pan.
- Add a few more sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and middle is set.
- Fully cool before slicing into bars.