Oreo red velvet cookies are chewy and tasty red velvet cookie full of crushed oreos and white chocolate chips. Best of all the recipe is easy to make and requires no chilling. WHY YOU’LL LOVE THEM Perfect texture. They have a chewy centre with slightly crispy …
Tag: red velvet cookies
These red velvet crinkle cookies are not only beautiful but are so tasty! Crispy edges, a soft sugar coating on top, and chewy gooey centre! The recipe is easy to do and they create gorgeous Christmas cookies that you will want eat and share! How …
The best red velvet cookies. They are chewy, easy to make, and have the perfect red velvet flavour and full of white chocolate chips.
Red velvet flavour has always been a personal favourite of mine. I know there are some that aren’t a fan, but if you like the flavour you need to give this cookies a try!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THEM
Perfect cookie texture. I love a chewy cookie and these cookies have the perfect chewy texture with slightly crispy edges.
No chilling required. These cookies come together easily and quickly with this no chill cookie dough.
Amazing taste. They have the perfect red velvet flavour which goes perfectly with the white chocolate chips.
How to Make Red Velvet Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. You want to do this for a good 3 minutes.
Add in the egg and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined. Add in vanilla, buttermilk, and red food colouring. Mixing until well combined.
In a second bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of cookie dough and place on the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges. Once out of the oven top hot cookies with extra white chocolate chips. Let cookies fully cool in the pan before moving.
Can I Substitute the Buttermilk?
If you have to you can substitute the buttermilk for regular milk. However, the buttermilk gives these cookies that slight zing of flavour that is expected with red velvet cookies.
STORING THE COOKIES
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies keep well up to four days.
HOW TO GET ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can the cookies smaller. Instead scoop 1.5 tbsp worth of dough and bake for 8-9 minutes.
If you make these red velvet cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Turtle Cookies
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter Pecan Cookies
Red Velvet CookiesJessie M
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp red food colouring
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C white chocolate chips plus more for topping the cookies after baking
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. You want to do this for a good 3 minutes.3/4 C salted butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in the egg and egg yolk. Beat until mixture is well combined.1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- Add in vanilla, buttermilk, and red food colouring. Mixing until well combined.1 tbsp buttermilk, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp red food colouring
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.2 c all purpose flour, 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.1 C white chocolate chips
- Scoop 3 tbsp sized balls of cookie dough and place on the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges.
- Once out of the oven top hot cookies with extra white chocolate chips.
- Let cookies fully cool in the pan before moving. Enjoy!