Triple chocolate cookies are made up of chewy chocolate cookie base full of semi sweet and white chocolate chips. This easy no chill recipe is perfect for any chocolate lover!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
No Chilling Required– These cookies hold their shape perfectly so you don’t need to wait to chill them!
Basic Ingredients – The recipe uses common house hold ingredients so no need to make a large expensive grocery store trip.
Perfect Texture– These cookies are fudgy/chewy on the inside and have a slight crunch on the edges. They’re also full of chocolate chip so if you eat them warm there is also lots of gooey chocolate.
HOW TO MAKE THE COOKIES
Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium sized bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.
In a large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 3 minutes. Mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix till combined. Add the chocolate chips into the dough and gently fold in with a rubber spatula.
Scoop 3 tbsp worth of the cookie dough and shape into a ball. Place cookie dough balls 3 inches apart from each other on the baking sheet.
Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are set.
After removing from the oven, while cookies are still hot, add extra chocolate chips on top of the cookies. Let cool on the pan until room temperature.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then level off the access by scrape with knife. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more flour than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies stay good for up to four days if stored properly.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
Can I Make the Cookies Smaller?
Yes, you can! Scoop 1.5 tbsp sized balls and bake for 8 minutes until edges are set.
If you make these triple chocolate cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
You Might Also Love
- Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Dirt and Worms Cookies
- Cookie Monster Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- baking sheets
- parchment paper
- 1 & 1/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips plus more for topping the cookies
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together. Set aside.1 & 1/4 C all purpose flour, 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 3 minutes.3/4 C salted butter, 1/2 C brown sugar, 1/2 C white sugar
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix till combined.1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture in and mix till combined.
- Fold in the white and semi sweet chocolate chips.1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- Scoop 3 tbsp worth of the cookie dough and shape into a ball and place on your lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges and top are set.
- After removing from the oven, while cookies are still hot, add extra chocolate chips on top of the cookies.
- Let cool on the pan until room temperature.
My daughter and I are going to make these cookies tonight. I know that the recipe states no chilling is required, but I like to bake cookies in small batches. Can you freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls up to three months. They can be baked from frozen at 350F but will usually need a few minutes extra.