These triple peanut butter cookies are the best peanut butter cookies! Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, and full of peanut butter chips and chopped peanuts.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE COOKIES
Easy to make. This recipe comes together so easily and there is no chilling required.
Triple peanut butter. This recipe use peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and peanut pieces!
Chewy texture. These cookies have that perfect chewy cookie texture mixed with the crunchiness of the chopped peanuts.
Taste amazing. There is just so much peanut butter flavour in the cookies, they taste amazing!
- Butter - I use salted butter and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- White sugar
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- This recipe use two whole large egg .
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking soda
- Peanut butter chips-Just like chocolate chips but peanut butter, you can find them in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
- Peanuts- Use unsalted peanuts that are finely chopped. You can also buy pre made peanut pieces.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in peanut butter and mix until ingredients are well combined. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until no flour streaks remain.
Fold in the peanut butter chips and finely chopped peanuts.
Scoop dough into 3 tbsp balls and place on the lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Add some of the extra peanut butter chips and peanut pieces on top of each cookie dough ball.
Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Let fully cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies stay good for up to four days if stored properly.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls or baked cookies in the freezer up to 3 months. When baking from frozen they will need a few extra minutes to bake.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes you can! You can scoop out 1.5t tbsp of dough and bake for 9 minutes.
If you make these triple peanut butter cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY
- Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thick and Chewy Monster Cookies
- Confetti Squares
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
- large/medium mixing bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- baking sheets
- 1 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 1 C smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/4 C peanut butter chips plus extra for topping the cookies
- 1/2 C finely chopped unsalted peanuts plus extra for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy (usually takes 5 minutes).1 C salted butter, 1 C brown sugar, 3/4 C white sugar
- Add in peanut butter and mix until ingredients are well combined.1 C smooth peanut butter
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.2 large eggs, 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.2 & 1/2 C all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips and finely chopped peanuts.1 & 1/4 C peanut butter chips, 1/2 C finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- Scoop dough into 3 tbsp balls and place on the lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Add some of the extra peanut butter chips and peanut pieces on top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. The cookies will looked puffed up but will flatten while cooling. Let cookies fully cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.
I've always said Quadruple Peanut Butter Cookies are Too much, and Double never enough. Now this, this is the perfect Peanut butter to cookie ratio.