These festive Valentine's Day Sprinkle blondies are a super chewy soft baked bar, full of festive sprinkles. This easy to make recipe is all done by hand and only uses one bowl.
What are Blondies?
Blondies have a similar baking style and fudgy texture as brownies. Both are bars, but blondies focus on vanilla flavour where as brownies are chocolate flavoured. Both don't use levelling agents (baking powder/soda) to create a dense chewy bar.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE These Blondies
Chewy Texture. These blondies are super chewy and have a fudgy texture similar to brownies.
Easy to Make. This recipe uses simple ingredients and is made using just one bowl by hand.
Perfect festive Valentine's Day treat. The pink colouring mixed with the festive sprinkles makes it a perfect treat to enjoy and share on Valentine's Day.
Step By Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl whisk melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy, this usually takes 2-3 minutes.
Add in egg and egg yolk and mix together for a good 3 minutes, batter will become thick. Mix in the vanilla and food colouring. The amount of food colouring will vary depending on the type/brand you are using. Add enough to get your desired colour.
Add in flour and salt and mix until combined.
Fold in the sprinkles.
Pour the batter into your lined baking pan. Smooth and spread the mixture till it is evenly covers the entire pan. Top with extra sprinkles.
Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and middle the middle only has a slight jiggle to it when shaken.
Let the bars fully cool in the pan before slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY EGGS TO ROOM TEMPERATURE?
Yes you do. Room temperature ingredients break down easier in the batter. This will give you a fudgier blondie and gives you a shiny top.
If you forget to take your eggs out of the fridge, no worries! Just run them under warm tap water for a few minutes and this will bring them to room temperature.
STORING THE Blondies
Store blondies at room temperature in an airtight container. They keep for 4 days after baking.
If you make these Valentine's Day sprinkle blondies please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
More Valentine's Day Recipes to Love
- Chewy Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Heart Danishes
- Brownie Hearts with a White Chocolate Drizzle
- Raspberry Puff Pastry Hearts
Valentine's Day Sprinkle Blondies
- 8x8 baking pan
- 1 C salted butter melted
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp red/pink food colouring
- 1 & 3/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C Valentine's day themed sprinkles plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy, this usually takes 2-3 minutes.1 C salted butter, 1/2 C brown sugar, 3/4 C white sugar
- Add in egg and egg yolk and whisk together for a good 3 minutes, batter will thicken up.1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- Mix in the vanilla and food colouring. The amount of food colouring will vary depending on the type/brand you are using. Add enough to get your desired colour.1/4 tsp red/pink food colouring, 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add in flour and salt and mix until combined.1/4 tsp salt, 1 & 3/4 C all purpose flour
- Fold in the sprinkles.1/2 C Valentine's day themed sprinkles
- Pour the batter into your lined baking pan. Smooth and spread the mixture till it is evenly covers the entire pan. Top with extra sprinkles.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and middle the middle only has a slight jiggle to it when shaken.
- Let the bars fully cool in the pan before slicing.
I just made this recipe and loved it! I just used regular rainbow jimmies for my sprinkle and they looked great. I made your Christmas blondies also. I noticed these used some brown sugar also, which I loved! I loved the all-white sugar Christmas ones also. Keep the great recipes coming! You taught me how to make things fudgy and how to spoon and level flour.
Thank you so much! I'm happy you are enjoying my recipes 🙂