These white chocolate key lime cookies are super chewy, full of key lime zest and juice, and filled with white chocolate chips. This no chill, easy to make recipe is perfectly sweet and full of key lime flavour.
This cookie is great all year round but can be extra special for summer baking.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THEM
No chill time. This sugar cookie dough requires no chilling.
Great for summer baking. These cookies are perfect for summer baking.
Tastes amazing. These cookies are full of key lime flavour without the lime flavour being overpowering or sour.
Perfect texture. These cookies are chewy on the inside and have a slight crisp to the edges.
- Butter- This recipes use salted butter at room temperature.
- White sugar
- Egg- 1 large whole egg.
- Key limes- The recipe uses both key lime zest and juice.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- White chocolate chip
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 F and lining baking trays with parchment paper.
Add the key lime zest and sugar into a bowl. Gently run the sugar and key lime zest together with your fingers to help infuse the sugar.
In a large bowl cream butter, sugar, and key lime zest together until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 5 minutes.
Add in the egg and key lime juice. Mix till well combined.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix till well combined.
Fold in the white chocolate chips.
Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are just starting to turn brown on the bottom.The cookies may look a little under done but will continue to cook on the hot pan and stiffen up.
Top the hot cookies with extra white chocolate chips and freshly grated key lime zest. Let fully cool before moving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The keep well up to four days.
Can I substitute with regular limes?
I have not tried it myself. If you do let me know what you think of it.
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COOKIES SMALLER?
Yes, you can scoop 1 & 1/2 tbsp balls and bake for 9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
HOW TO GET CHEWY COOKIES
The trick is to slightly under bake the cookies. Take them out when the centre looks a little soft. Leave them to cool on the tray. The residual heat from the tray will continue to cook the cookies. Once cooled the cookies will stiffen up and be chewy.
CAN I FREEZE THEM?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough balls or baked cookies in the freezer up to 2 months. When baking from frozen they will need a few extra minutes to bake.
If you make these white chocolate key lime cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE
- Pink White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Tie Dye Cookies
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
White Chocolate Key Lime Cookies
- large bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- parchment paper
- 1 C salted butter at room temperature
- 1 & 1/3 C white sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp key lime zest about 6 key limes
- 1 large egg
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp key lime juice about 6 key limes
- 2 & 1/2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled *
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C white chocolate chips plus extra for adding on top of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the key lime zest and sugar into a bowl. Gently run the sugar and key lime zest together with your fingers to help infuse the sugar.1 & 1/3 C white sugar, 1 & 1/2 tbsp key lime zest
- In a large bowl cream butter, sugar, and key lime zest together until light and fluffy. This usually takes a good 5 minutes.1 C salted butter, 1 & 1/3 C white sugar, 1 & 1/2 tbsp key lime zest
- Add in the egg and key lime juice. Mix till well combined.1 large egg, 1 & 1/2 tbsp key lime juice
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.2 & 1/2 C all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix till well combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.3/4 C white chocolate chips
- Scoop out 3 tbsp worth for dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are just starting to turn brown on the bottom. The cookies may look a little under done but will continue to cook on the hot pan and stiffen up.
- Top the hot cookies with extra white chocolate chips and freshly grated key lime zest.Let cool on the baking sheet before moving.