These chewy Easter Mini Egg Brownies make the best Easter dessert. Easy to make brownies loaded with mini eggs! Beautiful and delicious!
I love Easter and everything that goes with it! The hope of warmer weather, visiting family, and of course Easter chocolate! Mini eggs have always been a favourite of mine so I've added them into my chewy brownie recipe and the results was a beautiful Easter creation.
Why You'll Love Them
Perfect texture. These brownies have the perfect chewy texture and shiny crinkle top.
Mini Eggs. Who doesn't love mini eggs! They add the perfect crunch to these brownies.
Easy. This recipe use one bowl and is done by hand. Making these an easy to make Easter dessert.
How to Make These Brownies
Start by preheating your oven to 350F and line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should over hang on the edges slightly to allow you to easily remove the brownies from the pan.
Chop the bakers chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave by stopping and stirring the chocolate in 20 second increments.
In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar and whisk by hand until well combined. This usually takes 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Vigorously whisk until mixture is light and colour and has volume. This usually takes a good 5 minutes.
Pour in the melted chocolate and whisk until mixture is well combined.
Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a rubber spatula mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
Fold in the chocolate mini eggs.
Pour batter into the lined pan and spread evenly. Top with some extra mini eggs, press them slightly into the batter.
Bake for 28 minutes or until the middle is set. Let the brownies fully cool into the pan before slicing.
Storing the Brownies
Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature, they keep for well for four days after baking.
Do I Need to Use Room Temperature Eggs?
Yes, you do. Room temperature eggs allows the eggs to break down easier in the batter. It also allows more air to enter the eggs while whisking.
How Do I Get a Shiny Brownie Top?
The shiny top comes from breaking down the eggs. Once you add your room temperature eggs into the batter whisk vigorously for a good 5 minutes. The batter will become light in colour and thicker in viscosity.
Tips for Making Perfect Brownies
- Line your pan with parchment paper. This keeps the brownies from sticking to the pan and allows you easily remove them for slicing.
- Use room temperature eggs. Room temperature eggs break down easier and blend into the batter better.
- Once eggs are added whisk vigorously for a few minutes. This is what creates the shiny layer on top of the brownies.
- After the dry ingredients are added only mix till there are no more flour streaks. Over mixing causes dense brownies.
- Do not over bake. With brownies you want them on the underdone side compared to overdone.
Bake them for Easter or for a Spring treat, either way I’m sure you’ll love with these Easter Mini Egg Brownies!
If you make these bars you can tag me on Instagram @jessiebakestreats and please leave me a review below. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas you can follow me on Pinterest.
You Might Also Enjoy
- Easter Monster Cookies
- Easter Egg Cream Cheese Danishes
- Chocolate Mini Egg Cookies
- Melting Moments Flower Cookies
- Easter Mini Egg Cookies
Easter Mini Egg Brownies
- square baking pan
- 4 oz semi sweet bakers chocolate
- 1/2 C salted butter melted
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C mini eggs plus more for adding on top of the batter
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Chop the bakers chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave. Be sure to stop and stir every 20 seconds.4 oz semi sweet bakers chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar and whisk by hand until well combined. This usually takes 2-3 minutes.1/2 C salted butter, 1 C white sugar
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Vigorously whisk until mixture is light and colour and has volume. This usually takes a good 5 minutes. This is what gives brownies their crinkle top.2 large eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour and mix in the melted chocolate.4 oz semi sweet bakers chocolate
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a rubber spatula mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.3/4 C all purpose flour, 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- Fold in the mini eggs.1 C mini eggs
- Pour batter into the lined pan and spread evenly around the pan. Top with some extra mini eggs, pushing them slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 28 minutes or until edges are stiff and middle is set. You do not want to over bake the brownies.
- Allow brownies to cool fully in the pan before slicing.
Loved these! The brownies were so chewy and my kids loved the mini eggs!
Happy you liked them! Thank you for leaving a rating.
These are amazing! Will definitely make them again! Easy to follow recipe and equally delicious with less sugar and m&m’s
Thank you so much the nice comment! Happy you enjoyed them 🙂