Funfetti cookies are a chewy sugar cookie loaded sprinkles. This no chill dough is easy to make and looks gorgeous!
Why You'll Love Them
Easy and no chilling. The recipe comes together quickly and the dough does not have to be chilled.
Chewy texture. These cookies have a super chewy centre and crisp edges.
Pretty. The sprinkles in this cookie make it so pretty and fun for everyone.
- Butter - I use salted butter and make sure it is at room temperature.
- Brown Sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs- This recipe use one whole large egg at room temperature.
- Flour- All purpose flour works best.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cream of tartar
- Rainbow sprinkles-I prefer the long jimmie style sprinkles.
How to Make Funfetti Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In large bowl or stand mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. I like to mix mine for a solid 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing till ingredients are well combined.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until everything is combined.
Fold in the sprinkles.
Scoop dough into a 1.5 tablespoon balls and make them round. Dip the top and sides of the balls in some extra sprinkles. Arrange on the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 9 minutes or until the bottoms are just golden brown. The cookies may seems a little underdone but will stiffen up after they've cooled. Let cookies cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES SPOONED AND LEVELLED FLOUR MEAN?
Spooned and levelled flour refers to the way of measuring flour. To properly measure flour you should scoop spoonfuls of flour into your measuring cup and then scrape with a knife to level off the access. Scooping the measuring cup directly into your flour cause the flour to compress and getting more than the recipe calls for.
STORING THE COOKIES
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies stay good for up to five days if stored properly.
HOW TO GET PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIES
As soon as the baked cookies are pulled from the oven place a round cookie cutter (a little bit large than the cookies) around the cookies and gently swirl it around. This will give your cookie a round shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a glass or a jar lid.
How Do I Get Chewy Cookies?
For chewy cookies you want to be careful not to over bake them. Once the bottoms are a light brown the cookie are done. They may still look a little raw/soft but the cookies will stiffen up after cooling.
If you make these funfetti cookies please leave a star rating and comment below!
For more delicious baking ideas you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @jessiebakestreats
You Might Also Enjoy
- Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Bars
- Golden Oreo Sprinkle Cookies
- Funfetti Vanilla Biscotti
- Rainbow French Bread
- baking sheets
- large bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- 1/2 C salted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 C all purpose flour spooned and levelled*
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C sprinkles plus more for adding on top of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl or stand mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. I like to mix mine for a solid 3 minutes.1/2 C salted butter, 3/4 C white sugar
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing till ingredients are well combined.1 large egg, 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.1 & 1/2 C all purpose flour, 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until everything is combined.
- Fold in the sprinkles.1/2 C sprinkles
- Scoop dough into a 1.5 tablespoon balls and make them round. Dip the top and sides of the balls in some extra sprinkles. Arrange on the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the bottoms are just golden brown. The cookies may seems a little underdone but will stiffen up after they've cooled.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature on the pan before moving.
I saw these featured on the Wilton instagram page a few months ago and finally tried them. They are AMAZING.
Thank you so much for giving them a try! I'm happy you liked them!! 🙂
Not a huge fan. These were far too sweet. But they’re good for kids I suppose.
Easy to make and hits the spot!! Totally filled my craving for sprinkled cookies!! Loved the extra tips in the recipe(new mom, new baker, need all the tips I can get!) thank you!
You're so welcome! Glad you liked them 🙂
Such an easy recipe and makes the best cookies! My daughter loves making these cookies.
Really great for kiddos!!! Yummy for all though! I personally used 1/4 cup of sprinkles in the cookies and the reminder for the tops! Turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!!!!! I’ll be trying more out like this!